Paw Paw Tree, Asimina triloba #7187
- An american favorite!
- This North American native that was originally cultivated by some Indian tribes, provides delicious fruits that taste like a combination of banana, mango and pineapple.
- Chilled pawpaw was George Washington's favorite dessert and Thomas Jefferson grew them at Monticello.
- The upright shrubby trees grow best in paritally shaded areas and like moist soil.
- In the fall, the hanging lance-shaped leaves turn a rusty golden yellow.
- Two or more of our nursery grown trees are needed for optimal pollination.